BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc ignores value of BackupFilesOnly; archives entire /

2011-02-01 18:06:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] backuppc ignores value of BackupFilesOnly; archives entire /
From: Dave Pearce <fuzzylizards1 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 23:03:30 +0000 (UTC)
itismike <backuppc-forum <at> backupcentral.com> writes:

> I've used the GUI to specify that only files in my home folder are backed up
(excluding the ~/.Private folder
> since that contains only encrypted files.) This results in the following entry
in the client-specific
> *.pl file:
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
>   '/home/michael/' => [
>     ''
>   ]
> };
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>   '/home/michael/.Private/' => [
>     ''
>   ]
> };
>
> However, it is backing up everything from my root directory:

After reading this thread, I believe I may be able to shed a little light on
this topic. My testing has been using the FTP option rather than rsync. I
haven't investigated if rsync uses the same code.

I had a config like this:
$Conf{FtpShareName} = [
  '/root'
];
$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {
  '/root' => [
    '/Desktop'
  ]
};

Using the stock 3.2.0 code I was either getting everything under /root or
nothing at all. (I can't remember, but it was wrong.)

Anyway, I discovered several bits of broken code in Protocol.pm concerning
include/exclude file selection. I have includes and excludes working now but am
still chasing down all variations of situations.

When I have the code working better, I will send it to the developer.