BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] shutdown of harddisks and log-files

2011-01-10 13:48:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] shutdown of harddisks and log-files
From: Sven Keller <mail AT svenkeller DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 19:46:38 +0100
Thank you very much for your proposal. I just tried it, but it doesn't
solve my problem:

I set the LogDir to a new directory "/home/LOG".
This moves the following files into the new directory:
BackupPC.sock  LOCK  LOG  status.pl  status.pl.old

But for every single host-machine, the LOG-files are still written into
the subdirectory ../backuppc/pc/name-of-the-client, which is on the
RAID-partition which should sleep...

That's the file which is written at every ping-result:
-rw-r----- 1 backuppc backuppc   3754 2011-01-10 19:30 LOG.012011

        Sven