BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Copy the log dir from /var/lib/backuppc/log

2011-01-07 22:49:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Copy the log dir from /var/lib/backuppc/log
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Madcha <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>, Madcha <rageinhell AT msn DOT com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 04:47:26 +0100
Hi,

Madcha wrote on 2011-01-07 08:56:45 -0500 [[BackupPC-users]  Copy the log dir
from /var/lib/backuppc/log]:
> I have created a new data store for my backupps
> I have created symbolink links
> from var/lib/backuppc/cpool to /media/backuppc/cpool
> from var/lib/backuppc/pc to /media/backuppc/pc
> fromd var/lib/backuppc/trash to /media/backuppc/trash

let me guess ...

- you didn't read the instructions and
- pooling isn't working, but you haven't noticed yet.

You shouldn't link the subdirectories, you should make $TopDir a link to
the alternate location: 'ln -s /media/backuppc /var/lib/backuppc'.

> I receive : "cp can't create special file...BackupPC.sock "

Wow, what program might produce that kind of output? It looks vaguely
like an error message from 'cp'. There's no point in copying the socket.
BackupPC will re-create it upon startup. Even if you could copy it, the
copy would have no effect.

> |This was sent by rageinhell AT msn DOT com via Backup Central.

No comment.

Regards,
        Holger