BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool weirdness - pc directories inside cpool???

2010-12-09 10:43:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cpool weirdness - pc directories inside cpool???
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:41:03 -0600
On 12/09 12:48 , Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
> Since this error can cause major failures, I'm surprised that an email
> isn't sent out.
> In fact, I think it would be helpful that any error that causes a
> failure or potential pool corruption should be mailed to the user.

Along those same lines, I just had a conversation yesterday with a client
who was concerened about backup errors (due to files changing in the middle
of the backup or the like).

It would be nice if XferErrors could be mailed as well; so there would be a
better chance of seeing such things.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator