BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Is graphing available in standard BackupPC? (Was: Graph data)

2010-10-21 09:50:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Is graphing available in standard BackupPC? (Was: Graph data)
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 09:47:00 -0400
"Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se> wrote on 10/21/2010 07:56:16 AM:

> [...]
mailto:tmassey AT obscorp DOT com]

> >Rangel Caio <ranger0 AT gmail DOT com> wrote on 10/05/2010 09:07:32 AM:
> >
> >> Hello guys,
> >>
> >> I´d done a upgrade of my BackupPC to version 3.2.0 and my graphs
> vanished.
> >>
> >> Does any one know how to activate that again?
> >
> >Is the graphing function now a part of vanilla BackupPC?  I don't see any
> mention of
> >it in the BackupPC documentation, nor anything mentioning a dependency
> (even
> >optionally) on rrdtool.  In fact, the words "graph" or "rrd" do not appear
> in the doc!  :)
> >
> >I haven't yet upgraded to 3.2, but that might get me to do so...  :)
>
> Was this question ever answered to satisfaction?

Nope.  There seems to be a number of people asking what I asked:  where are the graphs, and what do you have to do to get them!  :)

I still can't get a straight answer whether they're actually a part of 3.2 or not.  As I mentioned, the documentation is *silent* on the matter, and I assume that graphs are not actually included in 3.2.  I would love to be proved wrong.

For completeness, I'm speaking about 3.2.0 distributed as tarball, not packaged as RPM/PKG.  It sounds like Debian has added out-of-tree patches to include the graphs.  I am using RHEL/CentOS, however.

Tim Massey