BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_compressPool removed?

2010-10-15 10:37:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_compressPool removed?
From: Tod Detre <tod.detre AT maine DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:34:58 -0400
What was the reason the old script was removed? Could I download an
old version of backuppc and use the old script on the newer pool?

The problem is I currently have BackupPC configured to keep backups
for over a year and doubling our backup space for that long would not
be feasible.

The reason we are in this situation is I just moved from an old server
with really slow processors to a new server. We didn't compress the
data on the old server because of the cpu bottleneck, but now there
should be plenty of horsepower.

Thanks,
Tod Detre