BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] how read .z log files ?

2010-09-13 14:58:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] how read .z log files ?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:55:17 +0100
Mike,

Standard zcat does not work on BackupPC log files:

root@backup:~# zcat /var/local/backuppc/log/LOG.112.z

gzip: /var/local/backuppc/log/LOG.112.z: not in gzip format

You must use BackupPC_zcat.

Regards,
Tyler

wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I got some problems with backuppc and I want to read the XferLOG.z file.
> > I can't read it either with vim or nano and I can't extract the file with
> > uncompress, gunzi,zcat or tar (it tells it's not a tar file)
> >
> > I search on google and on this forum but I didn't find the solution.
> >
> > Do you know how can I read those log files ?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Ivy

> > |This was sent by ivy-alice AT hotmail DOT com via Backup Central.
> > |Forward SPAM to abuse AT backupcentral DOT com.

"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on
computer, another word processor, or another network."
   -- Tim Berners-Lee in Technology Review, July 1996