BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude rules

2010-09-03 04:34:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude rules
From: Farmol SPA <farmolspa AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:32:06 +0200
-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Exclude rules
From: Farmol SPA <farmolspa AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri Sep 03 2010 09:52:30 GMT+0200 (ora Legale Europa Occidentale)
Hi list.

I am getting crazy with an exclude rules. In backupping a Windows client I would like, among other things, to include msgFilterRules.dat file but exclude everything else in ImapMail folder, that is heavy if synchronization is on.

I tried with an entry in RsyncArgs saying --exclude-from=/etc/backuppc/extra/pc_file.exclude, and the content of my pc_file.exclude is

+ */Dati applicazioni/Thunderbird/*/*/ImapMail/*/*.dat
- */Dati applicazioni/Thunderbird/*/*/ImapMail

(it's an italian client and the exported module point to "c:\documents and settings").
I find myself the answer:

+ **/Thunderbird/*/*/ImapMail/*/*.dat
- **/Thunderbird/*/*/ImapMail/*/*

That's do the trick and is language-independent :)

HTH someone else.

Alessandro