BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Anyone using r1soft hotcopy as a pre/post backup command?

2010-08-31 17:34:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Anyone using r1soft hotcopy as a pre/post backup command?
From: Kameleon <kameleon25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:32:05 -0500
Ok, I tested the following and it worked. Here is what I used for others future reference>

DumpPreUserCmd: $sshPath -q -x -l root $host /usr/sbin/hcp /dev/sda1 (/dev/sda1 is my / partition so I run hcp against that)
DumpPostUserCmd: $sshPath -q -x -l root $host /usr/sbin/hcp -r /dev/hcp1 (this stops the snapshot and unmounts it in one fell swoop)
RsyncShareName: /var/hotcopy/sda1_hcp1 (or whatever your version of hcp mounts the snapshot to)

Obviously I an using rsync to back up this machine. I have tested backups and restores. The restore you just have to tell it to restore to / instead of the /var/hotcopy/..... path and you should be good.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Donny B.