BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] set-up question: how do I avoid "Cannot open: Permission denied" and "0 bytes"? Please help!

2010-08-21 00:28:20
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] set-up question: how do I avoid "Cannot open: Permission denied" and "0 bytes"? Please help!
From: Loren Serfass <lorenserfass331 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:26:44 -0400
Hi Les,
    Hmm.  Most recently, I first mounted it at /var/lib/backuppc and then did a fresh install.  That way it automatically put on the cpool, log, pc, etcetera directories as it installed from synaptic.  I think that's OK, as some pages recommended it and it seemed simpler than the symlink option.  Should mounting it this way work?

Thanks,
Loren

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
Loren Serfass wrote:
> Thanks Allen,
>     I forgot to mention that.  It's a usb hard drive formatted to ext3,
> like my internal drive.

Is it mounted or symlinked as /var/lib/backuppc as the packaged installs require?