BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Keep Windows 7 client awake during rsyncd backup

2010-08-04 23:15:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Keep Windows 7 client awake during rsyncd backup
From: ishieh84 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 19:41:18 -0400
Hi,

I have a Windows 7 client that is being backed up via rsyncd.  The problem I am
having is keeping the Windows client awake during backups.  I have a scheduled
task on the client to wake the computer up shortly before the nightly backup
begins (works well).  However, I have the idle sleep time set to 15 minutes, so
15 minutes after Windows wakes up, it goes back to sleep even with the backup
running via rsyncd.

Is there a relatively easy method for keeping the Windows client awake while
the backups are running?  I could set the idle sleep timer to something like 10
hrs, but that defeats the whole purpose of the machine sleeping to save power.

Thanks for the help,
Ian