BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] A couple issues

2010-05-27 11:08:15
Subject: [BackupPC-users] A couple issues
From: plight <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:06:13 -0400
Hello there.  I am having a couple issues with the latest beta of backuppc.

1) Is there any way to make a notification go out if "no ping response"
happens?  I am using the ftp xfer and I have scripts that notifies me if it was
unable to connect to the ftp server (ie XferOK=0).  The problem is if the ping
fails, it does not process post dump commands, which means my script doesnt get
processed, and the notification doesnt go out.

2)  On the machines that do work, I am having an issue with the backuppc
variables.  My script calls $host to determine which machine is getting backed
up.  The problem is if I start backups close together, $host does not update.
For example, if a host is named oogabooga, and another is backuppc1, if a
backup starts on backuppc1 while a backup on oogabooga is running, $host still
shows oogabooga, not backuppc1.