BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] speed up backups

2010-05-26 11:25:11
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] speed up backups
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 17:23:13 +0200
Tyler J. Wagner schrieb:

> On Wednesday 26 May 2010 14:34:40 Sorin Srbu wrote:

Ok, I give it a shot. Changed the Xfer method to rsync, updated to
rsync 3.0.2 (I know I will not benefit much because of BackupPC's own
rsync perl module) and added the --checksum-seed option.

Right now the rsync process is consuming 370 MB and is still growing.
The file server has 7.000.000 files. Let's see what happens...

Ralf