BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How about an rsync-per-directory option?

2010-05-18 16:59:36
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How about an rsync-per-directory option?
From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell AT digitalkingdom DOT org>
To: BackupPC Users <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 13:57:04 -0700
Once again, the issue of the giant pre-3.0 rsyncs that backuppc
causes to form has come up, but this time I'm being paid to fix it,
more or less.

If I'm backing up data that I'm sure doesn't have internal hard
links (or I'm sure I don't care), is there any problem with having
backuppc simply spawn a new remote rsync for each top-level subdir
of each share?  (or perhaps a number of levels down to do this for
option)

If that doesn't sound crazy, does anyone know which bit of code I
should poke at?

Would the maintainer(s) accept a patch for this?  I hate maintaining
my own patches.

-Robin

--
http://singinst.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.