BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Having Problems Creating Archives

2010-03-23 16:40:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Having Problems Creating Archives
From: Josh Malone <jmalone AT nrao DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:37:54 -0400
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:29:16 -0700, Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
wrote:
> Hey,
> I have a working installation of 3.2.0beta1 on CentOS, but for some
> reason I can't get the Archive function to work.  Working from the web
> interface, I create the archive host, change the target to
> "/Backups/Archive" (mounted share on the BackupPC server), check the
> hosts I want archived, and then it fails with:
> Error: Can't open/create /Backups/pc/localhost/archiveReq.1035.0
> (archive hostname = localhost for this trial).
> It doesn't create the pool for this host.  Is anybody else having these
> problems with 3.2.0beta1?The archive string/command is the default
> "$Installdir/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost $tarCreatePath $splitpath $parpath
> $host $backupnumber $compression $compext $splitsize $archiveloc
$parfile
> *"

When I created my archive host I had to manually mkdir the equiv of
/Backups/pc/localhost and chown it to backuppc. It seems that since no
backups are done of 'archive' hosts the /pc/ directory isn't created
autmoatically like it is for regular hosts.

-Josh

       Joshua Malone       Systems Administrator
     (jmalone AT nrao DOT edu)    NRAO Charlottesville
        434-296-0263         www.cv.nrao.edu
        434-249-5699 (mobile)
BOFH excuse #426:

internet is needed to catch the etherbunny