BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] compressed pool now backups are failing

2010-03-18 08:32:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] compressed pool now backups are failing
From: "Andy Thompson" <athompson AT mooreheadcomm DOT com>
To: <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:29:45 -0400
Running 3.2beta0 already, sorry for not including that info.  What is the fix
that should be applied?  I will check my copy for it and make sure it's in
there.

thanks

-andy

>>> Craig Barratt  03/17/10 9:41 PM >>>
Andy<

> Unterminated compressed integer in unpack at
> /opt/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Attrib.pm line 257.

It sounds like an attrib file was not compressed properly or is
corrupted some how.

In 3.2.0beta there is a fix that makes this error non-fatal,
so at least the backups should continue.  You can manually apply
the fix or upgrade.

I'd recommend doing a manual full backup on the failing host to
make sure you get a clean backup.

Craig