BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Exclude not working as expected

2010-02-08 20:12:33
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Exclude not working as expected
From: "Mark Wass" <mark AT market-analyst DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:54:19 +1000

Hi Guys

I have a config file that looks likes this:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {

  '/' => [

    'dev',

    'proc',

    'sys',

    'tmp',

    'var/lib/mysql',

    'etc/fstab',

    'var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.*',

    'var/log/apache2/*',

    'shares',

    'var/lib/cvs',

    'var/lib/cvs-old',

    'var/cache/apt/archives/*',

    'var/log/samba/*',

    'var/log/installer/*',

    'var/log/apt/*',

    'var/log/samba/*',

    'HDD2'

  ]

};

$Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {};

$Conf{ClientNameAlias} = '192.168.1.3';

$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [

  '/'

];

I’ve got an exclude in there for “proc”, the problem I’m getting is that the “proc” is also getting excluded from “/opt/webmin/proc” I only want the proc directly on the root “/” share to be excluded. How can I make sure the no other “proc” folders are excluded?

Thanks

Mark