BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] old backups not showing

2010-01-22 09:41:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] old backups not showing
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:39:28 -0500
Leandro Tracchia wrote at about 09:29:24 -0500 on Friday, January 22, 2010:
 > that was it! thanks for your help. one thing to keep in mind is that
 > you need the Time::ParseDate perl module to run this script. why
 > doesn't backuppc include all these perl module scripts in the
 > installation?

First - please don't top-post on this newsgroup!

Second, I'm not sure I understand the question. Why would you include
Time:ParseDate? It is a general perl module that has nothing directly
to do with BackupPC. Moreover, why just that one and not the other 76
or so dependencies that the rpm I have lists.

This is Linux and not Windows so each application does not need to
install duplicate copies of required components. Rather in Linux,
people often reply upon "packages" like rpm or debian package manager
that manage dependencies. It is a much more efficient and streamlined
approach than the Windows include it all again and again approach.