BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Winexe using up CPU

2010-01-19 02:28:49
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Winexe using up CPU
From: Jacob Hydeman <jhydeman AT gmail DOT com>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:27:20 -0800
I've been using the VSS backup method posted here: http://www.goodjobsucking.com/?p=62 for about a year now to backup Windows hosts. Everything works great except the winexe process running on the BackupPC server. The dang thing keeps eating up CPU cycles like there's no tomorrow. I use CentOS and follow the intructions for compiling it from here: http://eol.ovh.org/winexe/

The same behavior has occurred from CentOS 5.3 x86 to 5.4 x64. Killing the process provides temporary relief... then it launches again.

I know this isn't a support forum for Winexe but I figure this has be one of the places that uses it most. That and there aren't many places that have any topic on it.

Soooo is this par for this util? Or is something wrong?

Thanks,

Jacob