BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] incremental backup question

2010-01-03 05:51:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] incremental backup question
From: Mester <mester AT freemail DOT hu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 11:48:25 +0100
> The interesting part of your log would only be the command shown at the
> top of the xferlog, and it needs to have appropriate quoting.

So this is what I have at the top of the xferlog for an incremental backup:
Running: /usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C LANG=en_EN /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l backup
-o PreferredAuthentications=publickey mail.lutheran.hu /usr/bin/env
LC_ALL=C LANG=en_EN /usr/bin/sudo /bin/tar -c -v -f - -C /home --totals
--newer=2009-12-25\ 01:00:01 --exclude=\*.mp3 --exclude=\*.MP3
--exclude=\*.ogg --exclude=\*.OGG --exclude=\*.wav --exclude=\*.WAV
--exclude=\*.avi --exclude=\*.AVI --exclude=\*.wmv --exclude=\*.WMV
--exclude=\*.flv --exclude=\*.FLV
--exclude=./homepages/church.lutheran.hu/nyirszolos/kepek
--exclude=./amester/agy.backup
--exclude=./homepages/church.lutheran.hu/lutherania/Download .

The most interesting is that if I select backup history it sais v0 for
all files which has not changed since the last backup but all files are
there in the backup directory for every backup. It seems that it copies
every file although it knows that not every file has changed.

Attila Mesterhazy