BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] UPDATED: Fully automated script for creating shadow copies a

2009-11-09 13:38:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] UPDATED: Fully automated script for creating shadow copies a
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:35:07 +0100
Michael Stowe wrote:

>> Matthias Meyer wrote at about 14:56:02 +0100 on Sunday, November 8, 2009:
>>  > Hello Jeffrey,
>>  >
>>  > Did your script work in Vista too?
>> I have not tried it under Vista, but I would like to get it to work
>> there. One potential issue could be that shadow mounts (and
>> vshadow.exe) might have a different interface. Feel free to look into
>> that and if you get back to me on differences, I will try to fix the
>> code. Also, make sure you have the right version of vshadow for Vista.
>
> My scripts are quite different, but they do work under Vista and Windows 7
> without changes; a different version of vshadow is required, but that's
> the extent of the changes required.  I have to imagine the same would be
> the case for your scripts.

Your scripts run within a normal user which is in admin group?
My problem, what is inexplicable for me, is that the at command will work
from a vista command box but not from a ssh-session. Even thought both use
the same account.

Did you have to "rebase" cygwin within Windows7?
I tried cygwin within the release canditate but it wasn't stable. The cygwin
newsgroup told me I have to rebase all within Windows7.

br
Matthias
--
Don't Panic