BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] how to overcome network interruption during a backup

2009-11-08 18:23:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] how to overcome network interruption during a backup
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 00:19:03 +0100
Hi,

I make backups (backuppc 3.1.0) with rsync over a ssh-tunnel with remote
port forwarding from the client to the server.
I've configured /etc/sshd_config on client side with:
ClientAliveCountMax 10
ClientAliveInterval 60
and /etc/ssh_config on server side with:
ServerAliveCountMax 10
ServerAliveInterval 60

Within backuppc I've configured $Conf{RsyncArgs} with:
--contimeout=600

But a network interruption of a few minutes will interrupt the backup
process.

rsync lost his connection immediatly:
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12)
at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-1/src/rsync-3.0.4/io.c(1541)
[sender=3.0.4]

br
Matthias
----