BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Feature suggestion: more granular/flexible includes & excludes

2009-11-04 02:31:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Feature suggestion: more granular/flexible includes & excludes
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 07:27:30 +0000
On Wednesday 04 November 2009 04:59:21 Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
> It would be great to be able to add conditions based on the other
> basic file attributes known to BackupPC, including create/modification
>  date, size, permissions, file type, and perhaps also more flexible regexp
>  matching on the filename.

That would be an issue with the rsync client.  We can do whatever we want on
the server, but on the client end we can only do what rsync can do.  As an
administrator I am not interested in installing client software or even a
patched rsync.  I'm so glad checksum-seed in now in rsync trunk!

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Beware of altruism. It is based on self-deception, the root of all evil."
   -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", by Robert A. Heinlein