BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Using --filter dir-merge

2009-09-24 14:00:36
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Using --filter dir-merge
From: Paul Dugas <paul AT dugas DOT cc>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:35:18 -0400
I've added "--filter" "dir-merge /.backuppc-filter" to RsyncArgs so users can tell my backup system to ignore things like caches, downloaded files, and other easily recreatable files.  Trouble is, I can't seem to find a good way to inspect my file system, taking the filters into account, to identify where the backup capacity is being used.  Archive backups of my main fileserver now consume more than 50% of the space on the external drives I use for off-site storage and I can't keep two of them in the same drive.  Anybody got an idea for generating a "hog report" that takes the filters into account?

Paul
--
Paul Dugas -- Computer Engineer -- Dugas Enterprises, LLC
522 Black Canyon Park, Canton GA 30114 USA