BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Error: Unable to connect to BackupPC server

2009-09-18 22:32:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Error: Unable to connect to BackupPC server
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Bruno Faria <brunothebigb AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 04:29:19 +0200
Hi,

Bruno Faria wrote on 2009-09-18 21:06:46 -0500 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Error:
Unable to connect to BackupPC server]:
> [...]
> __________
>
> Error: Unable to connect to BackupPC server
> Socket: /var/log/BackupPC/BackupPC.sock
> Error was: unix connect: Permission denied
> __________
>
> Now, I still find this weird as the permission on BackupPC.sock seems fine
> to me:
>
> [root@backup3 CGI]# ls -la /var/log/BackupPC/ | grep BackupPC.sock
> srwxr-x---  1 backuppc backuppc     0 Sep 17 04:01 BackupPC.sock

well, you would basically need to check the containing directories, too,

        ls -ld /{,var{,/log{,/BackupPC}}}

but I really suspect an SELinux issue, because BackupPC_serverMesg can access
the socket with UID backuppc, but Apache can't (also with UID backuppc). You
might have the same problems accessing the pool files with Apache. I'm with
Les on SELinux ("I'll switch it off, until I find some time to play with it,
which will probably be never"), but maybe the pointer is enough, or others
might step in ...

Regards,
Holger