BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Quick BackupPC_tarCreate question

2009-08-24 07:30:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Quick BackupPC_tarCreate question
From: Mr_T <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 23:42:00 -0400
Hi,

I'm wanting to restore a file via the command line to the machine that is
running backuppc.

The command I'm using is...

./BackupPC_tarCreate -t -n 55 -h server1 -s '/etc/mail.rc' > /data/test.tar

However when I run the above I just get given the following output...

usage: ./BackupPC_tarCreate [options] files/directories...
  Required options:
     -h host         host from which the tar archive is created
     -n dumpNum      dump number from which the tar archive is created
                     A negative number means relative to the end (eg -1
                     means the most recent dump, -2 2nd most recent etc).
     -s shareName    share name from which the tar archive is created

This makes me think that my command is somehow wrong or that I'm
misunderstanding the flags...

./BackupPC_tarCreate -t -n 55 -h server1 -s /etc/mail.rc > /data/test.tar

is -n 55 is the number of the backup I wish to restore from?
is -h server1 the host that is backed up that I want to get the file from?
is -s the share on 'server1' that I need to get the file from?

or is the problem how I'm trying to output the tar?

Any help on this is really appreciated!

Thanks