BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Where is the BackupPC-Wiki?

2009-08-06 10:36:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Where is the BackupPC-Wiki?
From: Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:33:36 -0400
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 07:04, <phil AT backup-and-restore DOT de> wrote:
> I wanted to add some stuff to the wiki (common configuration) but it seems
> that the wiki is no there?
>
> Question:
> - What is going on?
> - Where is the Wiki?

Oh oh...

Sourceforge discontinued the Wiki service. I got this e-mail from them
last week:

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 15:09, SourceForge.net
Team<noreply AT sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
> On Thursday July 30, 2009 at 8:00 AM Pacific Time, the SourceForge.net
> staff will be removing the Wikispaces facility that has been available to
> project teams since 2007.
>
> Project teams who have not yet migrated to one of the Hosted Apps wiki
> facilities, Trac or MediaWiki, may opt for one of two choices on
> SourceForge.net; Migration to Trac or MediaWiki.
>
> To migrate to one of these facilities, the project admin who is also an
> admin for one of the facilities (MediaWiki or Trac), needs to log a support
> ticket (https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/newticket) and
> request migration to a specific facility. Be sure to specify your project
> UNIX name and to which facility you want your data imported (MediaWiki or
> Trac).
>
> The SourceForge.net team will use the dump of the project Wikispaces data
> in /home/groups/P/PR/PROJECT/wikispaces-dump.zip as an import source. It is
> critical that project teams do not move, rename, or otherwise manipulate
> this file prior to the import to the new facility.
>
> If you are importing data from Wikispaces to your existing Hosted App
> facility, like Trac, any data from Wikispaces will be additive to that
> structure. If there are pages of the same name, the new data will replace
> the existing data. Users may need to use the history facility to adjust the
> pages at that point.
>
> MediaWiki only supports image attachments, so any non-image attachments
> won't be imported to MediaWiki. Trac supports these, so this will work just
> fine for Trac implementations. Users will be able to access their zip files
> to recover any non-image attachments if they have selected MediaWiki as the
> new facility.
>
> Finally, we'd like to thank Wikispaces for their support of SourceForge.net
> and our users with this facility.
> Best regards,
>
> Daniel Hinojosa - Sr. Manager, SourceForge.net Support
>
> P.S., Be sure to monitor our Site Status page,
> https://sourceforge.net/sitestatus.

I believe they still should have a backup of the contents just before
the service was discontinued, and I believe it should be possible to
request the migration to Trac or MediaWiki by opening a support ticket
with them.

HTH,
Filipe