BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best practices for client-side unix user

2009-07-31 00:28:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best practices for client-side unix user
From: Mark Maciolek <mlm AT sr.unh DOT edu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:40:17 -0400
hi,

I create user rsyncbackup and add to sudoers file.

rsyncbackup ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/rsync

Must also edit the RsyncClientCmd & RysncClientRestoreCmd

$sshPath -q -x -l rsyncbackup $host /usr/bin/sudo $rsyncPath $argList+

also user will still need authorized_keys file for ssh with no password
access from server to client.

Mark

Max wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run BackupPC on ServerA, using the rsync method to get data from ClientA.
> (pretty conventional).
>
> If I want to perform a full backup of ClientA (all files, in all
> directories), what would be the best-pratices for getting the ssh/rsync user
> to read all that data?
>
> - Using root ? (probably not)
> - Creating a user that can read everything ? If so, how do you do that ?
>
> FYI: ClientA is Debian.
>
> Thanks,
> Max

> |This was sent by Maxime.Plante AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

Mark Maciolek           Network Administrator
mlm AT sr.unh DOT edu  Morse Hall Room 339
University of New Hampshire    862-3050