BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] cygrunsrv and Vista - Access Denied

2009-07-15 14:03:06
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] cygrunsrv and Vista - Access Denied
From: Peter Bloomfield <peter.bloomfield AT camhpet DOT ca>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:58:20 -0400
Hi,

I have managed to get the service installed via cygrunsrv.exe; thanks Cody for
pointing me in the correct direction.

In the end, rather than activating the 'hidden' Administrator account under
Vista, I ran the command tool with as Administrator.

For anyone else who hits this problem here is how I did it,
Select 'Properties' on the command tool icon, there is an option to run it as
Admistrator. At this point cygrunsrv.exe runs without any 'Access Denied'
errors.

In Vista this different to the user having administrator privleges and
executing cygrunsrv.exe from the normal command tool.

Hope this helps some else

Peter

--
Peter M. Bloomfield