BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Automatically stopping running backups during business hours

2009-07-12 02:35:31
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Automatically stopping running backups during business hours
From: Langdon Stevenson <langdon AT lindenrow.com DOT au>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:03:45 +1000
I have a number of servers at remote sites that get backed up over ADSL
connections.  Usually the backups run in an hour or two outside of
business hours which is fine.

However occasionally a user will add a large number of files to a
server, causing the backup to take much longer.  This causes a serious
slow-down of the ADSL connection for staff at the effected site during
the day.

What I would like is for BackupPC to automatically stop backups at
7.00am or some other configurable time if they are still running.

I have read the documentation and can find no way of doing this, only
the ability to stop backups from starting during certain periods.

Can anyone confirm that BackupPC is unable to do what I need?  If so,
does anyone know of a hack or patch to add this functionality?

Langdon