BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Some incremental backups are Full backups

2009-06-29 10:22:07
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Some incremental backups are Full backups
From: "Justin Mauger" <justin.mauger AT gmail DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:09:33 -0400

Hello,

I’ve been running backuppc on my Ubuntu box for a while now, and it seems to have gotten out of sync.  Full backups occur once a week as scheduled, but one of the daily incremental backups seems to be treated as a full backup.  In the backup summary page screenshot below, backup #18 has type “incr”, but its duration and size indicates it was a full backup.  This duplication is causing me to run out of disk space.  Backup #11 was similar, but it was deleted automatically because it had aged.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Justin

Justin