BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Job details from command line for stats

2009-06-18 11:22:59
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Job details from command line for stats
From: Hereward Cooper <hcooper AT thepixiepeople.co DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:44:47 +0100
Hi,

I'm looking for a way of extract details of backuppc jobs so that I can parse
them and produce some graphs of usage and general activity.

The second part I am happy doing, however getting hold of the data is being a
bit more of a challenge.

I've tried my hand at some PHP DOM scrapping to pull the data from the web
interface, however this gets quite messy, and means learning a intermediate
step to achieve my goal. What I'm really looking for is a way of getting this
kind of information straight from the command line.

I haven't yet found a way of doing this though, so I'm asking for ideas. The
other option I thought of was to pull the data from the backuppc data files
directly, however I don't have a clue where to start with that idea!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Coops.