BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] include directive in config.pl

2009-06-12 14:21:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] include directive in config.pl
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:17:15 +0200
:-) Yes, thats what I am looking for!

So if I want to include the Vista junctions from another file
I should create a file (e.g. /path/to/junction_definitions.pl)
This file should contain the statements:
# define the list of junctions for Vista in English:
@VistaJunctions_english = ( "/dir1", "/dir2", "/dir3" );
# define the list of junctions for Vista in German:
@VistaJunctions_german =
( "/verzeichnis_eins", "/verzeichnis_zwei", "/verzeichnis_drei" );

And the configuration file for a german vista host "vista_de.pl" should
contain:
require "/path/to/junction_definitions.pl";
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
 '*' => [
   'pagefile.sys',
   'hiberfil.sys',
   '/proc',
# include junctions from the required file above
   @VistaJunctions_english,
   @VistaJunctions_german
 ]
};

I've tested it. Thats works fine.
But, unfortunately, during modifications by the GUI, the GUI writes back the
data, including the content of the referenced @VistaJunctions_english and
@VistaJunctions_german and not the references itself.
Therefore I decide to build the construct as follows:
require "/path/to/junction_definitions.pl";
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
 '*' => [
   'pagefile.sys',
   'hiberfil.sys',
   '/proc',
   '#+VistaJunctions_english',
   @VistaJunctions_english,
   '#-',
   '#+VistaJunctions_german',
   @VistaJunctions_german,
   '#-'
 ]
};
and write a little script which runs daily or weekly and replace the
definitions between '#+<name>' and '#-' by @name,

Thanks for your helpfull hint.
Matthias
--