BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] upgraded 2.1.2-6 to 3.1.0-4, host status says There are 0 hosts that have been backed up

2009-06-05 04:44:54
Subject: [BackupPC-users] upgraded 2.1.2-6 to 3.1.0-4, host status says There are 0 hosts that have been backed up
From: Scott Edwards <supadupa AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 02:41:29 -0600
Greetings fellow backuppc users,

I have to date not managed backuppc in operation on this box.  On May
22 the system was upgraded from Debian Etch to Lenny.  I recall
uninstalling it to iron out some upgrade issues, then installing it
again.  Debian doesn't erase config files unless you "purge" a
package, and I didn't ask it to.  /etc and a few other locations were
tarballed for safe keeping before the upgrade, however the web admin
page says there are no hosts that have been backed up.

I recorded screen transcripts, however the friction I was having with
backuppc is not recorded.

How do I review what is in the logs? file simply identifies them as "data".

There are two hosts in the /etc/backuppc/hosts file. localhost, and a
second server.

If there's something more useful I can respond with, let me know.

Thanks!