BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] "unexpected repeated share name"

2009-05-04 07:49:22
Subject: [BackupPC-users] "unexpected repeated share name"
From: Tim Connors <tconnors AT astro.swin.edu DOT au>
To: BackupPC <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 21:31:04 +1000 (EST)
backuppc fails to backup '/' if it is not specified before anything else.
In fact, any subtree can't be specified before its parents, or the parents
won't be backed up because the directory already exists by the time
backuppc performs the test for repeated share name.  If it is a wise idea
to keep the test, then perhaps it can be reworded to "share already exists
- try specifying subtrees after their parents" or the like.

My failing config is here:
$Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
  '/home',
  '/',
  '/boot',
  '/dos',
  '/volatile/var/cache/apt-cacher-ng'
];

--
TimC
We are no longer the knights who say "ni"