BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Rsyncd and WinXP

2009-05-01 17:18:07
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Rsyncd and WinXP
From: Peter Bloomfield <peter.bloomfield AT camhpet DOT ca>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 16:56:45 -0400
Dear All,

I apologise for re-visiting this, but I am having difficulty backing up a WinXP
machine over rync.

I am using Backuppc version 3.1.0, and cygwin's rsync on the WinXP box.

When I issue a fuill backup, I get the following message in backuppc

        Executing DumpPostUserCmd: /home/backuppc/Bin/NotifyUsers -h **** -u
****@**** -m ****** -c 0 -t full -s hr_info
        Got fatal error during xfer (chdir failed)
        Backup aborted (chdir failed)

I have blanked out the email address, host and user for this email. I then went
and looked on the WinXP
in the rsync.log file and I get the following message,

        2009/05/01 16:39:23 [4024] rsync: chdir
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/f:/Alvina_PET/HR_Info failed

Has anyone else seen this, or can someone point me in the direction of a
solution, thanks

Peter