BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Debugging big file transfer timeouts

2009-04-15 08:14:15
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Debugging big file transfer timeouts
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 14:08:19 +0200
Hello there.

I've set up in my lab the same environment as I'm trying to use in real
life:

- Windows 2003 SBS SP2 with copSSH + cwRsync installed and configured;
- Linux server with BackupPC running.

The configuration is as follows:

BackupPC opens an SSH tunnel (DumpPreShareCmd) and then using
Method=rsyncd, starts to transfer data from the Windows Server.

I tried backing up a big file (greater than 5 GB) and it worked like a
charme!!!

Therefore I need your help with following conclusions and maybe find the
real culprit. The problem *does not* relate to:

rsync on Linux, cwrsyncd on Windows;
ssh tunnel (both sides).

What the difference is, is the medium: LAN Ethernet (100MBps) instead of
an xDSL line *and it's routers*! How may I debug further?

Thanks,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL
Via Ballerini 21