BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] logging..

2009-04-09 21:13:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] logging..
From: Stephen Joyce <stephen AT physics.unc DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:09:11 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Holger Parplies wrote:

> Simone Marzona wrote on 2009-03-15 07:13:31 +0100 [[BackupPC-users]
> logging..]:
>> is there a wey to make backuppc log through syslog and not to his
>> regular file(s)?
>
> not without patching the source.

Probably the simplest, but not most correct method, might be to use logger
(/usr/bin/logger on debian, probably similar on other linuxes). I would
recommend logging to syslog AND the normal log files. Just identify
the events in which you're interested in the source and insert some system
calls to logger.

"man logger" will help you log to the desired facility and level.