BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Fully automated script for creating shadow copies and launch

2009-03-30 21:09:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Fully automated script for creating shadow copies and launch
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:05:09 -0400
geroldr wrote at about 05:22:53 -0400 on Monday, March 30, 2009:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Thanks for the most interesting script. Minor correction for:
 > $DOSDEV "${letter}:" /D 2> /dev/nuul
 > should read:
 > $DOSDEV "${letter}:" /D 2> /dev/null

Yes, I am aware of that typo - thanks

 > Not sure what you are doing with the following:
 > if [ $# -eq 0 ] ; then
 > command=$( (cd -P $(dirname $0) && pwd ))/$(basename $0)
 > else
 > command=$ < at >
 > fi
 >
 > When I try to run it I get an error on this section. Is this to be
 > the shadowwait.cmd filename ? Reading the input from at and sending
 > the output nowhere makes no sense.
Are you using an old version? The code in the latest version posted is
significantly different.
The logic of the code is that if you are running with
$USERNAME=SYSTEM (for example if you logged on via SSH which is what
usually happens when using BackupPC), then you need the kluge of
calling 'at' first before recursing back into this script to give you
the user authority to run vshadow. Otherwise, you can just recurse
directly back into this script.

Try to find the latest version. Alternatively, I hope to post an
updated version soon on the wiki.