BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] NAS / SAN and other storage devices

2009-03-18 13:37:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] NAS / SAN and other storage devices
From: Jack Coats <jack AT coats DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:29:35 -0500
If you are usig a SAN or NAS, it should look like 'just another disk'
to your BackupPC server.
So, yes, you can use them.

The problem Ihave found is needing the backuppc backup storage to
appear as a single file system.
I guess you could use software striping across just about any kind of
disk images (real disks, external
RAID, SAN or NAS based drives) but it would be up to you to ensure
redundancy in case one of the
components failed (or just became unavailable temporarily).

IHS ... Jack