BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] how to backup the backuppc server (off site)

2009-03-14 17:02:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] how to backup the backuppc server (off site)
From: Simone Marzona <ml AT knoway DOT info>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 21:37:11 +0100
Hi all

what about these approaches:

- use lvm for backuppc pool, and schedule some kind of incremental dd of
the device by taking a snapshot of the lvm volume

- use coda or other replicating filesystem on the backuppc pool? could
be?

- use some dedicated storage that to hardware replication (like
datadomain)

any opinion is very appreciated..