BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Can $Conf{DumpPreUserCmd} and $Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} be used to s top and start Exchange Server 5.5 on a Windows NT 4.0 Server as part of a BackupPC job?

2009-03-09 09:50:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Can $Conf{DumpPreUserCmd} and $Conf{DumpPostUserCmd} be used to s top and start Exchange Server 5.5 on a Windows NT 4.0 Server as part of a BackupPC job?
From: Rob Owens <rowens AT ptd DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 09:33:58 -0400
I used to backup an exchange server using BackupPC and a couple Microsoft
utilities:  ntbackup and exmerge.  Both of them can back up the exchange
database while exchange is running.  I then used BackupPC to backup the output
of those utilities.

ntbackup creates one huge file for the exchange database.  Exmerge creates a
separate pst file for each mailbox.

-Rob