BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to backup linux to Windows host

2009-03-03 10:15:56
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to backup linux to Windows host
From: "Michael Ugilt" <michael AT ugilt DOT net>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:11:25 +0100

I have BackupPC running on my NAS device and my PC’s are storing backups to this.

However, I’d like to backup some of the config files as well as the IMAP server data residing on the NAS.

I have tried to change the $Conf{TopDir} to the rsync share defined on my windows server (Vista), but BackupPC refuses to start as symbolic links aren’t supported on the Win PC!

Is there any way around this? – or would define the Windows host as Achieve be as good?

(I have rsync over SSH running on my Vista box)

thx