BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Changing rsyncd listen port on Windows XP computers.

2009-03-02 18:20:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Changing rsyncd listen port on Windows XP computers.
From: Cory Rivera <kdxkawirider02 AT sbcglobal DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:18:03 -0800 (PST)
Ok, I quickly answered my own question.  For anyone else who encounters this problem, here's what I did.

1.  Stop the rsyncd service.
2. From the cmd prompt, run
"sc delete rsyncd" (without quotes - this deletes the rsyncd service)
3. Open "c:\rsyncd\service.bat" (or wherever your service.bat is located) in a text editor
4. add "--port=DESIRED_PORT" between "--daemon " and " --no-detach" (with no quotes of course and replacing DESIRED_PORT with 1873, or whatever port you choose)
5. Run service.bat

Assuming all else was configured correctly, BackupPC should now successfully back up that computer.  On a side note, I thought rsyncd.conf was supposed to do this automatically via "port = 1873"?  Perhaps this is a bug, or (more likely) my user error?