BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Cygwin-rsyncd ignoring large files

2009-02-24 11:28:48
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Cygwin-rsyncd ignoring large files
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: kacoroski AT gmail DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:25:29 -0500
Ski Kacoroski wrote at about 23:00:49 -0800 on Monday, February 23, 2009:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I have a windows client that has been working fine for over a year and
 > now there are three files in the 6 - 7GB range that it just ignores.  I
 > am using cygwin-rsyncd 2.6.6 and backuppc 2.1.2.  I was able to force a
 > backup of one large file by excluding all other directories except for
 > the one with the large file in it.  Then it backed up fine.
 >
 > Appreciate any ideas or hints on what could be happening and what I need
 > to do to fix it.
 >
 > cheers,
 >
 > ski

The problem may be do to your (relatively) old version of rsync.
I was able to get rsync to work on XP only after upgrading to rsync version
3.0 and using rsyncd (rather than rsync).

Several others have noticed similar issues with isolated files.
Though I can't say I have backed up any files that big.