BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] IRC channel invite only?

2009-02-15 11:22:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] IRC channel invite only?
From: royden yates <royden.yates AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:20:41 +0100
On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 10:43 -0500, Cody Dunne wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anyone know why our #backuppc IRC channel on freenode is now invite
> only?
>
> Thanks,
> Cody

 I wonder if this is it (from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IRC#Error:_Unable_to_join_channel_.28invite_only.29)

"Error: Unable to join channel (invite only)
This error arises on a private channel which empties. Upon emptying,
various modes (+i) have to be set up again by any channel operator.
Solution -- you can often ask Freenode's server to invite you manually
using the "invite" command (see below). This will work because chanserv
keeps a record of which channels you can ask for an invite in, and this
is not lost when the channel empties."

Solution may be there too.

regards,

ryts