BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] errors in cpool after e2fsck corrections

2009-02-01 13:16:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] errors in cpool after e2fsck corrections
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 19:13:44 +0100
Matthias Meyer wrote:
> Johan Ehnberg wrote:
>
>> In 2) you should not delete anything - only when filesystem errors are
>> causing trouble. You need the nightly.
>>
>> Other than that - read the other posts too, they have good pointers to
>> actually dealing with the problem behind all this as well as some ideas
>> about how to get the pool in order! If your data is not critical you are
>> of course at liberty to play around. In a production system I would
>> assume a months testing is not acceptable on loose grounds.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> /johan
>
> Fine. I will not delete anything but verify if nightly do this job.
> The data are not really critical. So I will play around :-)
> I will give an actual state in the next days.
> br
> Matthias

After nearly each backup I get some errors like "BackupPC_link got error -4
when calling MakeFileLink(...". Often this files are directories or didn't
exist. Obviously BackupPC_nightly didn't find and correct all this
problems.

Yesterday I search and delete all directories under cpool/?/?/?/* and today
I have no errors from BackupPC_link in the logfile. Hopefully Backuppc
receives all data again from the clients which are lost during my
troubles :-)

I would believe that because of my filesystem troubles either e2fsck make
mistakes by correcting the problems or backuppc by writing within
a "corrupt" filesystem. But the causal reason, and that I am sure, are my
filesystem errors.

br
Matthias
--