BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to Cdrive.

2009-01-27 13:24:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to Cdrive.
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:22:44 -0600

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
systems administrator
INTERA -- 512-425-2006

-----Original Message-----
From: vnetrix [mailto:backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:02 PM
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc cygwin rsync fails to write files to
Cdrive.

Hi,
not sure if anyone has come across this before.  I have a full backup of a
windows 2003 X86_64 R2 server.  This includes an NT system state job to
capture the parts the backuppc cannot backup nativly.

The backup has a C$ share and a D$ share contained in it.
I'm using cygwin with rsync version 2.6.9 on the windows server running as
an rsyncd system service.

I can restore the D$ share without any problems.  But when I try and restore
the C$ share to the C: drive of a rebuilt server.  Backuppc says it has
restored the files but when I check on the hard drive several files under
C:\windows\system32\drivers have not been restored.

This means that when I restore the system state and reboot I get
unrecoverable boot errors. So I have to rebuild the server from scratch.

I have managed to restore some of the driver files to the root of the D:
drive.  But when I try and restore them with the full path to the D$ drive I
get an error saying mkdir failed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.