BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] how to restore one extra file if a restore is requested

2009-01-10 18:19:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] how to restore one extra file if a restore is requested
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:18:26 -0800
Matthias writes:

> If a user requests a restore I want to restore one extra file and handle it
> by the RestorePostUserCmd.
> Is it possible to request this additional restore with BackupPC_restore
> during the RestorePreUserCmd or RestorePostUserCmd ?

Yes, you could do it by emulating what the CGI interface does.

You will need to write a perl script that would create a restore
request file using Data::Dumper (see the CGI code for an example),
and then issue a restore command using BackupPC_serverMesg.

Be careful you don't end up with an infinite loop, where the
second restore triggers a third, etc...

See bin/BackupPC_archiveStart for an example of the basic steps,
since this script does a similar thing for archives as you want
to do with restores.

Craig