BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Latest backup removed?

2009-01-08 22:00:10
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Latest backup removed?
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Dejan Batic <dbatic AT un-instraw DOT org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 03:57:57 +0100
Hi,

Dejan Batic wrote on 2009-01-08 10:05:33 -0400 [[BackupPC-users] Latest backup
removed?]:
> [...]
> I'm using Bakcuppc for around 30 machines running XP. The backup method used
> is rsyncd.
>
> [...]
>
> So why the latest backup gets removed immediately after it's done?

I can spot one typo - not sure if that is responsible :

> $Conf{IncrKeepCnit} = '6';

Should be IncrKeepCnt (without the 'i'). Is this from the main config file?

A quick glance at BackupPC_dump suggests that a *missing* IncrKeepCnt would
default to 0 and thus lead to what you are observing ...

Regards,
Holger